Click here if you are having website access problems ×

this is ridiculous, has me stumped !

tbird

replaced fuel tank on CSR put fuel pump/sender (single unit) back in and it seems to be reading fuel level backwards (stack Digital dash), no electrical connections disturbed, only fuel pipes disconnected and it worked fine prior to removal any ideas       please

Tim

Dedicated earth off the unit or does it rely on a chassis contact somewhere?

Is there a system or function reset available for the Stack unit?

And... I've never had mine out, but we might as well get it over with... are there any mechanical bits, including the whole thing, that might be upside down?

Jonathan

PS:

logical thinking as always JK

the pump unit fits in tank at about 45 degrees so I cannot see how it can be upside down, also my first thought, but pipe bends/location prevent it from fitting any other way , top/body cannot spin either, 

Caterham advice is not to bother earthing but have tried both earthing tank, and earthing top of pump, no change,

with pump  properly orientated (as far as I can tell) with float at bottom of travel, the sender reads IRO 100 ohms, with float up reads IRO 4 ohms,

I suspect it is possible to re-cal the Stack ,  but  all the stack should have seen is that the power has been off for a while, all other readings, Oil pressure, water temp etc are fine so don't want to go there just yet.

it has all the hall marks of me being stupid but after several coffees I have not spotted anything, just going to see if I can find an electrical diag and see if it has any resistances for full and empty,

The only thing I have done is removed and refitted the float arm, but again it can only go back on one way . 

Tim

OK problem solved, wasn't me being stupid, for once ,    stack had lost calibration, just did a quick partial recal and the  reading is more realistic, on the down side looks like my stack needs a new battery, at around £120 +vat;  I will never complain about the price of my watch battery replacement  again *biggrin* on the positive side the stack came out easily enough, once I found my 7/32 socket that is. 

Tim

the suspense was mounting...

sorry about that, as we had a few hours wit no rain yesterday (heat wave, what heat wave) I had to re-skill and do some more house exterior painting and varnishing, back to misty today so was able to sort Caesar .   Big thanks to Stack as well, very helpful chap on the phone this morning

Tim