Albert Donaldson

A brief summary:

1600 k-series, forged pistons

1320 piper cams inlet and exhaust set as per dva website

98 octane fuel

dry sump

jenvey dth throttle bodies

lightweight flywheel

New standard head ported in my garage with qed 26.4mm exhaust and 29mm  inlet valves on standard seats that have been (conservatively) modified as per dva website.

Head skimmed by 0.10mm

Emerald ems

Any thoughts on this graph produced on RR after optimising ignition and fuelling?

NB torque is in Nm-1 not lbft-1

I appreciate any input

Albert.rrgraph_0.jpg.69221fe0fbb6b9aadcfef9eda0dc937a.jpg

Either my eyesight is poor or viewing the picture on a phone isn't very good as I can't quite see the numbers very clearly.

Do you have steel caps and stiffer valve springs? If not, don't go too high with the revs when looking for the power curve to peak and roll over. I made this mistake and bent all the exhaust valves. Also, Emerald's adjustable intake length trumpets are another great way of moving the power and torque around. Nice curves though.

The feedback I was looking for would be for a comparison to others with a similar spec, just trying to judge if the self done head porting is adding anything over a standard head or indeed making it worse than expected. Finding it hard to judge as I didn't do power run before changing head.

Piper upgraded springs and caps, hence the decision to go to 8000 as at 7450 we were seeing 161hp and could see there was more to come. I don't really want to go higher with hydraulic lifters.

Cheers