Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adjusting rear anti-roll bar droplinks

martyn

When moving the droplinks to a different position on the rear anti-roll bar,  does the length of the droplink need adjusting?  If so, How do I set the length correctly?

The assembly guide says to shorten them as much as possible, but is that the same advice regardless of which hole is used?  Is it just whatever fits..?  or do I need to leave some allowance for the suspension to compress?

Thanks.

You should take the droplinks off the ARB arm. Leave the car/wheels on the ground as normal - needs to have its full weight on the suspension.

Then adjust both dropklinks so they click straight on to the ARB arm without any tension. Fiddly but it works as it should. Do not adjust the links to the shortest length regardless.

I see..  so the droplinks are there to compensate for any asymetry in the suspension setup, and allow the ARB to be connected in a neutral state without any pre-torsion ?

In that case.. I can connect one side and it doesn't matter one bit what length it is set to.  I then need to set the length of the other side in such a way that it connects freely without twisting the ARB.

Have I got all that right?