Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wings & stays, arches & carbon stone guards, lower wishbones, steering QR boss & shaft, fuel filler, tax disc holder

AntonyH

All now sold except the rear arches (no longer including the stone guards - just the arches!)

Crikey, what a lot of stuff, following upgrades / refurb. All taken from a 2005 (imperial) SV, although that's irrelevant in many cases.

Front Wings & Stays

Plastic front wings, bolted to wing stays. Black with a "carbon effect" pattern which is clearly not carbon when you look closely, although people do question it from 8 feet away, sometimes. Holes for indicator repeaters. Bolted to old wingstays that are rusty from years of water and grit blasting off the road. Bolts are rusted solid but I imagine could be cut away.

Probably best suited to a racer looking for cheap, temporary items in anticipation of the next wheel-to-wheel contact and inevitable wing loss / stay damage.

£30 for the wings, £20 for the stays, or £40 in combination (saving me the trouble of separating them).

ForSaleJune2015-003.jpg.590cdfc5b7834caee7854e1bfea0657f.jpg

ForSaleJune2015-004.jpg.977e571896743fe2c034320f49610f29.jpg

ForSaleJune2015-005.jpg.a8591deb8926a36624a819af6576085a.jpg

Not made of carbon fibre.

Rear Arches & Carbon Stone Guards

GRP rear arches, asymmetric for K-series exhaust, with matching real carbon stone guards attached (using correct black rivets).

Arches are currently Ferrari Grigio, aka Tarmac Grey. Plenty of scuffs, scratches, surface cracks and a couple of chips in the GRP, plus holes for standard Caterham lights and others (original light fixing holes plugged but could be re-drilled). Again, would best suit a racer looking for cheap, temporary items in anticipation of the next wheel-to-wheel contact and inevitable loss / destruction.

Carbon stone guards are in "nowt wrong with them" condition; I've only not kept them as the new arches are symmetrical so I got new guards to match. Obviously they're not brand new but I can't see any obvious damage.

£40 for the arches, £40 for the guards, or £60 in combination as that will save me the trouble of drilling out all those rivets.

ForSaleJune2015-001.jpg.9455c7be50691caa9274e12ef5cb1af4.jpg

ForSaleJune2015-002.jpg.64e1557bebd69c67c9c03065c0d7483e.jpg

Mud spatter probably included. Plenty more on the undersides too, although I'll do my best to knock the worst off...

Lower Wishbones

Front lower wishbones (FROM AN SV!) complete with spherical bearings that have only done about 6,000 miles. A bit scuffed from road use and some patches that have consequently lost their coating and have minor surface rust, but nothing a clean and powdercoat wouldn't sort I imagine.

Um... £60 the pair?

ForSaleJune2015-006.jpg.7fa788ac48f8e3dcf0e384fc414a3b9b.jpg

Steering QR

Lifeline-fire (dot co dot uk) "formula car" splined quick release boss and upper half of steering column. Being an old, splined QR, there is play in the splines but well within MOT limits. Being a steel steering column and ally QR boss, I imagine the wear is all or mostly in the boss. Black, not the gold colour of the pictures on their site, but functionally the same. Top section of steering column included, I am assured this will fit an S3 or an SV.

£40 for boss and column.

ForSaleJune2015-008.jpg.071c9ee62d59c0f9f68f942d849db3b8.jpg

ForSaleJune2015-009.jpg.6e082421f6e704eefc6bb201748bf893.jpg

Fuel Filler

The Rover Metro part. Yes, that one. Complete with two keys. Locking works but is a bit stiff meaning the key fobs twist making you think they might fall off any time (hey, it's from a Metro, did I mention?). I can't think why anyone would buy this, unless maybe you've snapped the key off in yours and don't fancy a shiny aero filler.

£5, or free with any other purchase from this list.

ForSaleJune2015-007.jpg.34b64aece95025c8bec8bf4aeacb47bc.jpg

I have both keys, honest. QR in background not included.

Tax Disc Holder (motorbike style)

Because these are so vital now... Black aluminium, six bolts hold the whole thing together, single bolt hole mounting. I can't think why anyone would buy this either; maybe you want to display your club membership disc thingy, or have a desire for an unusual coaster / saucer?

Free with any other purchase from this list, or make a modest donation to NtL.

ForSaleJune2015-010.jpg.b6413e428cdfbe106ede2eb9b6bdcd68.jpg

Tax disc not included.

All of the above prices plus delivery, or free collection from Sheffield. May be able to deliver, do ask.

Some items are bulky / heavy so delivery costs may not be trivial but I am happy to get a firm quote before any commitment to purchase, of course.

If you want better / higher res pictures of anything, just ask here or by private message (let me have your email address).

Currently (thanks everyone!) I have messages for dibs on / requests for the front wings & stays (dibs and second dibs), Wishbones (dibs and second dibs), the QR (boss only), the carbon stone guards, and also the QR boss and column.

Some amount of replying and measuring / prodding to do, please be patient.

I can't believe no-one wants an old Metro fuel filler and a tax disc holder!

*biglaugh*