Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kevlar and Tillet race seats + Box off Bits!

Merrick Linnett

The box off leftovers.Must go Offers please!!!!

Heated windscreen anodised silver and mounts. Small chip passenger side.RESERVED

XF alternator as new

Pair of front Bilsteins M1 race damper with springs and Adj. platforms.£

4 vented disc could use a light skim

Boot covers std RB

Pair wiper blades new Donation to NTL

Rover exhaust manifold

Prop shaft Rover new

Wind deflector

Petty strut

Wash bottle with motor

Carbon Dash LHD!

MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!!!!!! *cool*

01243 583489

Merrick Linnett (69)

Edited by - Merrick Linnett on 11 Feb 2003 17:25:12

Merrick,

I am saddened by your response for several reasons.

Your mail of 29.01 requested a cheque. I replied same day letting you know that in Finland cheques were abolished as third world devices in the 1980's. Hence I requested an account number (Mail of 29.01.02 @ 14.24).

In the same mail I declined the offer of the vented discs.

I was then travelling in Sweden Wednesday night and Thursday & Friday and out of mail contact for 48 hours, but received no reply anyway.

You posted mobile and home numbers and I attempted to call both several times on Monday and Tuesday, I got an engaged number or voice mail.

Subsequent e-mails also went without reply.

I will therefore assume that you concluded that doing business with someone abroad was just too complicated for you. I have encountered this before on this site.

FWIW, I conducted two other deals (by bank transfer) through blatchat last week quickly and easily and with sincerity on BOTH sides. In both cases I have paid out more than 150 pounds and have trusted the individuals to supply later, such is level of ethics that can usually be found here.

You are quite right, one of us has wasted quite a bit of time.

Finally, being in Finland, and even if I had been able to post a cheque, it is quite possible even likely, that it would not have arrived before your apparent change of mind.

I thus resent your unwarranted and childish response above.

Vinnie

Vinnie,

I have collected a lot of parts over the years for racing and road use from club members, and fellow racers. I like to pass these items onto the club.

I have sold a number of items on blatchat, each time a cheque is requested or a donation to NTL , I offer to refund the cheque if the customer is not happy. This is the same way I purchase items from Blatchat with certain amount of trust

This is a small club. I would not like to upset any body.

I do not give my account details out ! especially to a person I have never met, and lives abroad. Thats just common sense!

I gave you 1st chance to purchase the seat on my terms! If you were serious about the Items you could of:-

1) Sent a cheque.

2) Contacted me!

but neither happened. Childish NO! Careful YES!

So stop Bleating!!!

I do not intend to respond further.

Merrick Linnett (69)

Hi,

I shan't continue any further either since your reply demonstrates two things.

1. An inability to read and comprehend simple messages e.g. Finland does not use cheques / I should have sent a cheque.....I'll remember to reintroduce them to Finland next time

As it happens I have a friend some 20 miles from you in West Sussex who would have written a cheque if this was the only way you felt able to do business, however you never even bothered to reply to my request for details.

2. I should have contacted you. I wish I had been able to. Don't you just love those "I never got your message" excuses 🙆🏻

You say its a small club and you don't want to upset anyone. I find that hard to swallow given the tone of your message and your failure to grasp even basic facts prior to engaging mouth.

Vinnie