Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Foam sump baffle for C20XE

Bodhiseven

I'm sorry if I mislead you and am pretty sure Roger is correct and, having looked at a more recent Assembly Guide, it refers to 2 x M10 x 55mm caphead bolts to attach the bell housing to the sump.  What threw me is that neither the Ford or Vx torque tables at the end of the section mention those bolts as far as I can see.  Unfortunately I don't have a wet sump to check against.

I guess the simplest answer would be to whip out the good one that you have and take it to a bolt shop to get another identical bolt.  If you measure it, remember that the specified length is from under the shoulder of the head to the end of the thread, not the total length of the bolt.

The relevant bit of the more recent Assembly Guide is here on page 3 of Section 8 but I'm not sure which engine it refers to although it may be the same throughout the range.

You might find some other useful stuff here.

Paul

That's great Paul and thank you. I'll have this car well sorted one of these days. Still trying to source a local mech. for the addition of the Apollo tank and gear box gasket replacements. As God is my witness, I shall see some track time at some point :)

You guys are the best and thanks again!