Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Need more torque!

HeMan

OK, so I know I said I wasn't nesasarily after more power, but Grubbster, I am suffering curve-envy! *bow*

So, whats your secret and how do I get the same?

Mine has an Emerald ECU, so I assume it was mapped then, but that was all before I had it so I don't know.

That exhaust looks like the SLR/VHPD system, but does the CAT section turn it into a 4-1? Wonder if it's worth trying the decatted collector which is a 4-2-1 arrangement. Fiddling with the cam timing during a rolling road session is a good shout. And if you have Jenvey DTH bodies, something else to consider is Emerald's adjustable intake length trumpets, so you can shift the power around and try and fill the hole in the torque curve.

Here are my plots, done a couple of years ago and hasn't been on the rollers since:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnr8v9i0gtnnczc/Output17_5_13_1.pdf?dl=0

If Caterham doesn't do a SV 620R, then just build one yourself. 

Or order one now , it's coming . There's one club member who has one on order and Book a Track are building one and assisting with the development . 

I was chatting to the Caterham sales bloke at an event the other day and he was very reluctant to confirm they are building a SV 620.  I must admit, I didn't take it as confirmation they wern't, more proof that they are working on it but don't want to announce it officially yet...

Does anyone know more?

I guess it's down to how much CC want to share of their development plans and to whom.

As one of the first 620R owners I may have been party to " news " that's not in the general public domain . Also , with any development project there's the risk that it doesn't come to fruition or takes longer than anticipated , in those circumstances those who believe they have been promised something take umbridge when it's not fulfilled . There are always competing demands on finite development budgets .

From your first post you suggested that a 620R might be outside your budget ,knowledge of this  wouldn't encourage a salesman to depart confidential information . 

I personally believe  there's a good chance a wide body 620R will come unless development shows problems that will cost too much to resolve given anticipated sales numbers . (At the price there won't be a huge take up ) . If you definitely want one put it in writing to the head of sales ( and book a track day in the BAT car ) the keener you are seen to be .................