Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring electric fuel pump and starter button

Ade Ray

I am intending on installing an electric fuel pump with inline fuel filter and remote pressure regulator at the same time as a starter button to my 1600 xflow. I have already read some of the threads on both subjects but I was wondering if anyone had any schematics for the wiring, particularly for the fuel pump as I believe I need to run it from the ignition via a fuse.

Any help gratefully accepted

Ade Ray *smile*

Make the world a better place, hug an estate agent

Hi Ade,

When I installed mine I ran the fuel pump power lead from the second position on the key switch (the one after the steering lock) and this is run via a fuse to the fuel pump. The pump is located on the back of the bulkhead, so near the tank as my pump prefer to push, rather than pull.

The starter button then just takes care of the starter motor connection. So remove the wire for the solinoid and feed one side to the button, then run a wire from the power tab on the back of the ignition barrel, run a short wire to provide power to the solinoid when the button is pushed.

So, I get in, turn on the Master cut-out, arm the vecta, put the key in the ignition and turn till the pump kicks in, wait for fuel to prime, then push button..... or remove key and re-arm the Vecta if I wasn't fast enough *smile*

One day I will be free of the Vecta... I am 50% of the way there already..... and can be 100% when I want, but it keep the insurance happy I guess.

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬