Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hurrah - the shed is still here

Violet Elizabeth

Actually I got very scared, I got into work this morning and had an email in my work inbox saying that the bike shed would be open again this afternoon.

A spooky premonition?? No, apparently there is a real bike shed at my office *eek* 😬

*wink*

Rach

Now we're back, he only difference I can see is the vaguely amusing thread upstairs "Wake up Caterham, you're being left behind" has been closed. Don't see why though - it seemed people were generally debating the old Caterham vs everything else ideas. Then there's a post asking for it to be closed (due to space reasons???) and immediately it is - could be bad news for some of the longer threads down here. Am I missing something or is that what Chit-chat was/should be all about?

Worried from Bath *confused*

I can't see why the thread would have been closed for space reasons, surely it is for Barry to make that decision...he must know better than anyone else what space there is. Also there are other long threads upstairs, such as the Countdown to Curborough one, which is still there - isn't it?

The reason BC was down was because of the SQL Slammer virus and not anything to do with maintenance, as far as I can tell.

I think we should be OK - we have been quite careful about policing ourselves down here, as long as we keep the threads shortish, then I don't reckon it will be too much of a problem. On which note, I guess it is time to start a new FH music thread and a new story thread. Where are Craig and Peardrop when you need them? *wink*

*wink*

Rach

I know that Barry doesn't close the threads unless he really feels he has to...the problem is that people are still posting things without really thinking about the consequences.

If something libellous is posted then it is unlikely that the poster will be sued, (because they won't have any money to settle the case), it will be the club and none of us want to see the club go out of business because one idiot has said something insulting to someone. I mean how would we cope without the bike shed?? *eek* *eek*

*wink*

Rach

Totally agree and I'm sure Barry had good reasons for closing it, just disappointed I can't giggle along at everyone getting so uppity (great word - do you remember Mr Uppity the Mr Man 🤔) about kit cars and "real 7s". 😬

Anyway, who did fun things this weekend 🤔 I spent my whole time running it seemed - either in Exeter (v.fast race) or Brecon Beacons (very hilly and windy)

that was quite convenient really, I didn't come anywhere near Blat Chat over the weekend and thought there was going to be loads of stuff to wade through.

but no, not even fresh graffiti in the bikesheds

it's like the weekend never even happened 😳

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...

Whey-hey - I'm back from my hols in the Lake District so hello once again to everyone.Have I missed anything?

Surely the council is not going to knock down the Bike Shed, it's a listed or is that listing building dedicated to wibble.

Have just looked in on the older boys and have come to hide down here before I blurt something that will make them all shout at me.

Also do I earn my self a fluffy toffee for phoning in a spotted from the Lakes? Now there is dedication.

Rachel - I don't mean to make you jealous but there was was loads of snow. Had to stop my friend ripping the bonnet of his Granada and then the top box on our car to make a sled.

• 1 year later...