Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Retrofitting the Caterham Heat shield kit?

Stridey

Has anyone fitted the Caterham heat shield kit, if possible with any pics showing where the mass of triangular pieces and odd shaped bits fit? 

Ive looked at build manuals and a few build blogs but can't see any reference to fitting the sticky backed pads.

• 1 year later...

I've seen those before but have no experience of them so couldn't comment (they look quite good though).

In the past I got hold of some heat reflective sheeting (from Merlin Motorsport I think?) and used it to good effect on the toe box of a car Dave Hardcastle now owns. I think you'd be able to use it in the tunnel on the underside of the car (its self adhesive and quite easy to work with).

As I remember it wasn't the cheapest product in the world but I personally think it reduced temperatures around my feet when driving - might be worth you having a look as an alternative?

*EDIT* - It was Thermo-Tec and I got it from Advantage Motorsport

Hi I bought one if these kits for my car having been told by CC it would fit my older car with some small adaptations. It looked like it would need more than that so I purchased a roll of similar material and made my own patterns. I had engine and gearbox out at the time so not to difficult. I imagine it would be hard to do much down the tunnel with the gear box in situ.

If the kit from CC is of use to anyone I still have it and I am open to offers, it will release some space in my garage if it goes.

Alan