Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Saggy Lining to Sidescreens

Lost Boy

My car is now 15 years ols and I think the glue that once held the lining onto the inside ofthe sidescreens has finally given up the ghost, hence I'm left with some rather unattractive saggy bits of cloth! I wondered if it was possible to cut them and then reglue, has anyone else had this issue and any reccomendations?

Thanks

I figured what you suggested might be the way to do it, but wanted to be sure that spray carpet adhesive wouldn't harm the outer skin of the sidescreen, plus any tips obviously from anyone who has tried it before

Ian

I had the same issue and tried making a small slit in the lining to spray carpet adhesive through. Unfortunately, the material is so thin that the glue tends to penetrate and even assuming you can stop it wrinkling, it tends to dries looking pretty naff.

The problem is that the original material is foam rubber backed and is glued on the back of the foam rubber. With saggy linings, the foam rubbr has perished and remains stuck to the inside of the door leaving you with the very thin material layer.

When I investigated a refurb at Oxted, the price came out not far short of a new side screen!! All very unsatisfactory really.

• 2 weeks later...