Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harnesses !

Trevor Brooks

I recently bought two harnesses from Luke.Unfortunately the lap belt adjusts towards the floor,whereas my original ones adjust upwards away from the floor ,which is what I want . Luke want an additional charge for the type I requie as ,they 99% of 7's adjust toward the floor and I should have specified which ones I wanted!! Is this right? 

I ended up getting a set from Titon - these pulled up to tighten. None of the others seemed to consider this. Had a Willans set which pulled down - useless if you tend to the snug fit like I do.

Good quality & quick turn around - cheaper than the big names

Pull Down vs Pull Up

Titon belts only available in 3" wide straps. (Yes they do fit HANS).

With a Tillet seat the 3" buckle will not fit down the side.  IMHO you have no choice but to opt for "Pull Down" lap belts.

Leather seats  = you have the choice.

The benefit of the Pull Up is that you can tighten once in the car.  But its never perfect IMHO.

Pull down means the adjustment buckle is right there in front of you - no need to go fiddling down the side to adjust it.  Just breath in to do the lap belts up.

All this knowledge is what you get by ordering from me - been there and tried the options.  You also get a few other specification changes more suited to a Caterham rather than the regular "Kit Car" belts if ordering direct.  *phone*