Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

End of usable life - CR500's on low wear

Silverback

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of the usable life of CR500's that are almost fully worn (2.00-1.6mm across the tyre)?

I am at Bedford this coming weekend and will be taking a second set of wheels and tyres in any case, but I didn't know if I should just bin this low worn set now? I wasn't expecting to get more than a morning's use out of them perhaps before changing sets for the afternoon (and/or journey home).

Thanks,

Matthew

I've ran mine pretty low to the point there is no visible tread on the central part of the tyre. They will still give plenty of grip but when they get really low they tend to overheat a bit which makes them a bit more slidey. Good fun though.

Amazingly a day at Bedford (GT circuit) didn't finish the tyres off despite some good runs. They did seem to overheat a little if too many laps were run in succession but all good.

Had an enforced break for about an hour as an old merc c class was recovered from the top of the bank in the corner of the Eastern part of the circuit (the bit with the gas tank)  *eek*