Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carpet / floor mats

HeMan

Hello,

I have a 2006 SV, which, as you will know if you have followed my earlier posts, has suffered a bit of oil damage from a leak (now fixed).  But the drivers floor mat got pretty sodden in oil (it’s amazing the path a small oil leak will find to annoy you!).

As far as I can tell, Caterham only sell the carpet as a full kit, at £150.  Does anyone know where I can get just the foot well floor carpet?

I only need the drivers side, but so they match I might replace both sides.

I see Caterham sell rubber floor mats, but will these stay on the aluminum floor or will I need gluegripper to stop them moving around?

Has anyone had any decent results by just getting a bit of carpet edged properly (there is a place local to me that does this)?

Are there any after market makers of such things? I found a eBay listing for Perrys tailored mats but although it had Caterham 7 listed it didn't seem to differentiate between S3 and S5 and there was a disclaimer that they may have to phone before delivery to confirm fitting sizes, so I wasn't filled with confidence!

Thanks for any advice or experience...

• Area Representative

Use Caterham rubber mats or ribbed rubber cut to shape. Use Velcro or poppers to secure to floor adjacent to seat. I have a brand new pair of Caterham rubber mats if you are interested in purchasing. 

If you have lowered floors you'll need to trim the CC standard mats a little bit. For fixing, I have three poppers on mine, two at the crossbrace end and one at the pedal end. I've also heard of people using griptape (as in what is used on skateboards).

Disclaimer - definitely need triming on a lower floors SV, I assume the same on a S3 but don't have direct experience of that.

I have rubber mats in my footwells and have laid to strips of skateboard grip tape or similar onto the floor and this stops them sliding around. 

Great tip! I sell skateboards and have tons of grip tape.... And I didn't think of using it ! Doh!