Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S type seats

finmac

Thinking of selling my cloth "Caterham logo" S type seats for a pair of 2nd hand leather "S" type seats.

Some related queries:

1. Are the leather S types likely to cost me some weight?

2. What are the issues re subframes and mounting points etc? i.e. do I sell my cloth seats with runners and buy leather ones with runners or are they interchangeable?

(Car is a '95 LA Xflow).

3. Any idea how much my cloth seats are worth - they are 2 years old and I have recepit for over £500 from Caterham. (Is half that realistic)?

4. Going £ price for Leather seats?

5. I take it the leather "S" type looks very like my cloth "S" type?!

thanks! Fin 😬

THE ONLY SE7EN IN THE HEBRIDES!

As far as I know the cloth and leather s type seats are the same size shape runners etc.

If I was you I would look into the cost of getting your seats recovered in leather by a local car upholsterer, it may work out cheaper than buying second hand and selling yours and you would get to choose the colour/quality of leather used.

IMHO Caterham leather does not appear to be quite as good as tin top leather. My Caterham seats get a lot more attention, leather treatment/cleaning than most tin top leather, I am considering getting them recovered in the next 1-2 years (they're 5 years old) as the leather is not looking too good.

Andy