Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing Lambda Sensor

jmracing66

Both my altitude and the wide temperature variation here (any day at this time of year can see the temperature swing from -5C to +25C) cause a need for a modified idle position to allow the car to idle when cold without using the throttle, unfortunately the Caterham default map doesn't consider my climate to be in normal range. The top end of the throttle opening may be a tolerance issue, but the throttle blade does fully open and hit the fixed stop (cable travel is adjustable by winding the pedal stop in). I believe the Caterham map is designed to be at throttle site zero at 1.0V and throttle site 15.0 at 5.0V, but this is impossible to verify without seeing the maps unencrypted.

The 1-5V range doesn't seem mechanically possible with the throttle body and TPS used, my throttle blade sweeps through the full range. This may be due to manufacturing tolerances. In my case the only real solution is to specify throttle site 0.0 is 1.30V and throttle site 15.0 is 4.68V, as the throttle body and TPS seem to be mechanically and electrically as they should. This is trivial to do with the 9A4 ECU and Easimap, but only possible by Caterham on the locked 992 ECU.