Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class 3 sprint tyres wanted

Dannyboy

Does anyone have a set that they don't want/ are prepared to sell? Ideally after Soft/ Supersoft Kumho's 175 and 215's or ZZR's in A24 compound. Not planning to do many rounds and Mel is out of 215's in anything but medium.

If anyone has any then I might get round to entering Curborough... (I guess that's enough to get most of you lot to lock the cupboard door!)*yes*

dan

Hi Dan

Sorry tyres promised to another competitor. I am sure BMTR will be able to provide a set of ZZR's in A24 compound or alternatively why not fit a set of A539's and compete in class 2, I am sure they will be pleased to see you. By the way do you still want the petty strut?

Mark

Yes BMTR have tyres however how durable would A24's be on road/ track days? I'm not planning on doing more than a handful of sprints due to work and other commitments and with impending changes to List 1B tyres? they would need to be usable for a track day or on the road.

I will still have the petty strut off you if that's ok unless someone else needs it. Not planning on fitting the cage back on in the immediate future.

Dan

The A24's and SS Khumo's will be OK on the road but are not for track day use as they are too soft. The situation regarding list 1b tyres is still to be confirmed but I hope we will be able to continue to use them next season when they will be classed as 1c.  Do you want me to bring the strut to Curbs as I would like to get rid in the near future.

Mark

Thanks for that. If a set does not come up I may well stick with what I have then and possibly choose an event where cold grip isn't such a premium.

I am likely to be in the south this weekend if you area available, I could collect over the weekend - Likely to be saturday? Message me your number if possible.

dan