Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lost Sigma Part

ChrisC

Hi All 

Well last night I finished my winter project, ready for an MOT today.   As I was putting the finishing touches on the car I fitted the coil cover (plastic rocker cover), only to find I have misplaced the little push in cable clip that holds the throttle cable.     No problem I thought can't be expensive, but a phone call to Caterham this morning advised it only comes with the coil cover.  *grumpy*

Caterham did advise it wasn't a part they had manufactured, but would have come from Ford, but what ford?   

Can anyone with that clip post any numbers that are on that part?   I am hoping to find the ford part number.  

Obviously once I have purchased a new one (or a new coil cover) I will find the clip, but that is just the way life goes. 

Chris. 

Hi,

Mine just snapped in two - looking at the pics & description I assume it's a Sigma. I just ended up fashioning a piece out of a DVD box - cut a strip out rounded it, drilled it. It's held the cable for 4 years and looks OK.

Sod buying new bits.

Andy

Hello,

It would not really be worth me making just one coil cover. I could do a bulk buy if there is enough interest, say 10 people. They might be about £40 without the bolts each. £5 cheaper than the naff plastic caterham one!

Its not rocket science, there is no reason why you cant buy a bit of aluminum sheet off ebay and drill some holes in it and bend the sheet to suit.

Thanks,

Chris Perry

I made two fingers out of ally strip, one longer than the other to hold the cables in place, look ok polished against the black cover.  However they do not look as cool as the ti one *bow*  Me want, if you ever decide to make some more put my name on the list please. 

• 2 weeks later...