Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Start of season message from the Comp Sec

Comp Sec

It’s now less than 36 hours to go before the season starts and I hope that you all have your cars (and yourself) fully prepared and finely tuned. This is a timely reminder to make sure that you are regulations compliant - car, race suit, helmet gloves etc. and, if you have any doubts or questions, contact me or Comp Scorer. Who usually knows better than me actually!

Also please ensure that, out of courtesy to our sponsors (and to comply with the regs), you have put your championship stickers onto your car. They are smaller this year and should fit in the "triangle" next to the windscreen.

I know that it seems a bit soon but I'm already on the track of the 2016 regs and would welcome (I think!) any thoughts or comments you may have on how they could be improved. This particularly applies to those who are less “vocal” on BC and may prefer to convey their thoughts face to face in the paddock rather than publicly. Just to give you an idea where this may end up, the thinking at the moment is that we will have an end of season physical (not Internet) forum where the main issues will open for voting. Any thoughts on venues for next year would also be welcome.

The 2016 season is a long way off though and I'm sure that you will all be concentrating hard on this season's aims of improving times and staying safe - I hope that you all have a great time.

One final thought. In case you haven't noticed, Chris Bramall has worked his socks off in preparing all the "stuff" for this season. Give him a pat on the back (not too hard you other Class 2 competitors) when you see him in the paddock and let him know you appreciate his efforts - he really has done a great job.

Paul

With regard to regulations;

the scrutineers at 3 Sisters last week said they had been asked by the MSA to enforce tax, mot and insurance requirements. They had a DVLA print out. They challenged my tax status, I was able to produce the email on my phone.

good luck everybody.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the speed championship this year and unfortunately due to family commitments I won't be able to make the first two rounds.

I would however like to wish everyone good luck for a great seasons motorsport and a big thank you to Chris Bramall for his patience in answering my various queries and keeping me right.

Looking forward to meeting as many as possible at Curborough.

Regards Philip Thomas