Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Insurance to cover sprints

Cookie Monster

Phil,

I'm not sure you will find road cover and competion cover on the same policy. A number of companies, REIS for one, will offer trackday cover on top of your road cover, but trackdays aren't (supposed to be) competitive.

When I enquired some time ago I was quoted arounf £100 per event!

I'm pretty sure most of us don't bother with insurance.....

I suspect if over the years I had paid 100 quid an event I would be down on the deal, even taking into account the numerous excursions off the track...*whistle*

Also I cannot recall the excess in the sprint policy... so I think you have to have a major off to make it worth while IMO...

rob

So after 14 years at say an average of £100 per event. (I think you will find it more than that and probably a 20% excess) and 10 events per year thats £14k. :-O

I have only had 1 big one! 2 gravel visits. Many spins but kept it on or very close to the black stuff.

Admitedly the big one needed a new chassis but even so id say its £6k total With a respray obviously which tok care of the rash!

Everything else has been upgrade based.

I think I am very much quids in as i would probably had to have paid £2k xs on the big one.

Oh and engines are generally not covered unless total loss in a fire or similar.