Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

colotune instructions

Sootysevener

I posted a note about my hunting tickover on my Xflow last week and got a couple of helpful responses including the maestro RogerK. I've hunted through my old box of tricks and found a colortune to help me get mixtures set. Old saddo has lost the instructions though!

Cannot get a new one on Guernsey and reluctant to wait till I'm next in UK

Any one got a set they could copy and send me or lend me the originals so I can colour copy.

Please call 01481 259232

David

I think I suggested this didnt I?

As far as the Colourtune goes, clean it, get the engine up to normal operating temp, pop it into one of the cylinders and with tickover at about 900/1000 wind in the mixture screw for the cylinder in question until you can SEE IT MISSING, then wind it out again until you can just SEE IT FIRING EVERY TIME but dont wind it out further than you need to to get it to a nice Bunsen Blue

Re set your idle and repeat for each cylinder as many times as you like depending on how fussy you are and how much you want to burn your hands with the bloody thing.

Finish off with a nice fussy balance between the pairs and your sorted. Well it worked for me and I was so fussy I got 27mpg mixed driving on a 110 Sprint

Hope that helps

See My Zetec Power 7 Here

To Sootysevener - Had the same problem e.g colourtune kit but no instructions (although the colourtune is easy to use) Contacted Gunsons and they sent me a copy by return of post ,so good service there! always use colourtune after setting airflow with a flowmeter.Posted a thread on this recently and they seem to vary in price but DEFINITELY worth the money - The Gunson equivalent is quite good but for ease of use and accuracy you can`t beat the dial type flowmeter. If you`ve got webers the only things you CAN adjust is the balance between the carbs and the idle jet setting (which also controls mixture for small/normal throttle openings) If jet/choke work is required this is best done on a rolling road. Adjusting the airflow and mixture via a colourtune probably represents the best you can do without a rolling road assuming ignition/timing is ok.