Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Refurbishing of exhausts

Adrian Elkin

Hello there,

I've a couple of exhausts that need a little TLC here, and I was wondering if any of you guys in Sussex/Surrey would know where to take them.

The s/s exhaust on the Caterham basically needs polishing, and now that I no longer work in a hanger with a pukka polishing wheel, this is a bit of a problem. The primaries merely need a little sprucing up but the 4>1 collector and the silencer need the full treatment from scratch. But where to go!?!

Similar story with my Quality Replicas' exhaust. It's mild steel and in a bit of a state and really needs blast cleaning and preferably painted or treated with a high temp resistant paint or ceramic coating (you can tell I don't know too much about what's on offer can't you!). I've heard of Cam-coat but they are a bit too far up north in Warrington

If you know where such firms with these services are on offer locally, please let me know. Otherwise it's trawl through Yellow Pages again only to hit the inevitable, "Sorry, can't help you there mate!" wall.

Regards

Adrian

Did you know that it is possible and practical to DIY Ceramic Coat yer ehaust, and whatever else you desire to remain shiny silver for years.

Spray on a freshly bead blasted surface, cook in yer oven and it's ready.. BUT use the DIY formulation as it uses alternate chemicals that will not render your home oven poisonous... and your Wife from killing you:-)

Try this address:

www.techlinecoatings,com/Retail.htm

Thanks for the advice Foxy. Left the exhaust at Denne Metal polishing in Cowfold today. Saw some examples of his work which seemed good. Should be ready next week. He said that Se7en owners are very regular customers 😬

After doing a search he on Tech Talk, think I'm going to have the 'Quality Replica's' exhaust blast cleaned and then paint it with that matt black stuff on offer from Demon Thieves!

Adrian