Click here if you are having website access problems ×

*Updated* Breakdown EACH TIME after 30mn blatting...Why ??

marcos59

• Area Representative

Problem was coil.

Get wrong (was very hot) after 30mn running...10mn cool down (searching origin) then start again and run perfectly for only 10mn then stops (coil is already hot when engine start again)...finaly only run 3mn after each 10mn cool down.

Spark can't be seen just after engine stops (and plugs where dry)..10 minutes later spark was back (but only for few minutes).

When it start to run on a only 10mn cooling / 3mn runing basis I was 10kms from house...way back have been very very long :-)

As it is a new car I only use it to vist (show it *nuts*) to friend around and just make few kilometers have a drink (coil cool down) then go back at home..no problem until now !

Fuel leaking is another problem: I removed carbs and only found 2 seized choke on one carb but it do not explain at all this leak. I will change O rings but they look OK at first quick look.

To be continued...

Also check that the carbs are not too tightly attached to the manifold. I had similar problems with my car years ago - the carbs are supposed to be quite flexibly mounted and I had simply done up the nuts far too tight, resulting in over-compressing the rubber washers.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Andy

• Area Representative

Andy,
Exactly what I think too.
Often when you have carbs coughing when engine is cold first (bad) reflex is to (over)  tight rubber washer