Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting Omex Shift Light to Sigma

progers

Hi,

I have just bought an Omex Shift Light Pro on Ebay and trying to understand how to fit to my 2010 Roadsport (Sigma). I have seen a few threads in the past but all seem to be fitting to K Series. Does anyone know which are the correct wires to tap from on a Sigma with standard dash/rec counter etc.?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Paul

You have a number of choices, some tap it directly from the back of the tacho. 

I decided to make a special connection lead using some eco seal connectors that sits between the engine loom and the main loom, and I used a fuse tap to get the ignition power.  That way I didnt cut into the original factory loom in any way. 

Ok Paul, this is what I did 

For power to the shift light I used a fuse tap, this allows you to get power from an exisiting fuse, and put an additonal fuse in for your shift light. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89014134@N03/16355557364

The tacho pulse comes from the MBE ECU via the engine loom, into the main loom then to the tacho.  To avoid cutting into any of the original factory loom I created this lead with two eco seal connectors, which sits between the engine loom and the main loom.   There are three eco seal connectors used to connect the engine loom to the main loom, its the 3 wire connector that has the tacho feed.   Yon can see my shift light is cut into that wire in my loom.  This makes my shift light install unplugable without damage to the original loom / instalation. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89014134@N03/16790471710

Hope this helps

Chris,