Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreens...

Thurtene

Hello All

I'd like to fit an aero screen in place of my windscreen but am unsure what's best and where to shop.

i'd like to be able to re-fit my windscreen easily and i want both driver and passenger - all the kits I've seen for both sides include a rear-view mirror and I don't need one (I have one fitted to my roll-cage).

Cheers!

Joel

Joel

if your fit captive nuts under the scuttle (from Caterham) then you can fit an aero screen in about 10 minutes and put a screen back on in 15. It is a lot fiddler without. 

You can get screens that fit using two of the holes where the stanchion bolts on and have wing and rear view mirrors fitted so fitting is just putting two bolts in (plus two screws where the tonneau rivets are in the centre. You can get clear Perspex or an opaque one - either black plastic or carbon. The main advantage of the clear one is thatyoucan still see the front left wheel. 

Steve

When I first went aero over 10 years ago, I fitted a full-width 'JPE' Perspex screen. As I was initially unsure as to whether I'd like it, I fitted it so that it would sit along the line of the base of the windscreen and wouldn't muck the paint up if I decided to reverse the fitting.

I never looked back - but I found that the 'screen line' position was too close to make the screen particularly effective (I sit fairly tall in the car though - so your mileage may vary...). As a result,I made myself a much taller, steeper drivers-only screen that remains on the car to this day.

My gut feel is that the JPE-style screen needs to be a bit further away and as upright as reasonably possible.

With my last car I found that the lowered floor fixed that issue and I was tucked a little lower so all the wasps went over the top rather than exploding on my forrid, unfortunately that car only had a drivers side lowered floor so if I took any passengers out in it they were sat higher and a little more exposed :-)

Best thing you can fit to a Seven.