Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Why you shouldn’t miss Goodwood

Comp Sec

It is now less than 4 weeks to our first event and Terry Holmes, of the Bognor Regis MC, tells me that there only 25 places left – and I expect these to be taken very quickly.

So if you are hovering on the brink of submitting an entry, don’t delay.

And here’s why you should not miss the opportunity of competing on this fantastic circuit:

•It is a beautiful historic venue with iconic wooden paddock shelters and reminders of its glorious past all around you.

•Goodwood is one of only two “big” circuits that are on our calendar this year and this one is a lot closer to most of us than North Wales.

•It is a proper racing circuit where you have a lot of space but need to get the lines just right in order to record a good time.

•It is a fantastic place to compete and the atmosphere is unlike any other – and just think how impressed your friends and family will be when you say that you have just raced at Goodwood!

Get your entry in quickly – you will have a fantastic time.

For infomation the following is the list of entries we advised has been recieved .

Class 1PAUL BROWNSTEVE CAUSEYROBERT JACOBSClass 2MATTY BRAMALLROGER LEGGMIKE COCKERCHRIS BRAMALLGRAHAM HOWARDROBERT SPENCERPAUL COLLINSANDREW WILLOUGHBYClass 3TONY SMITHGEOFF CORKERJEFF SMITHWILLIAM KNIGHTGrahame WardallRICHARD PRICEMATTHEW JENKINSClass 4CHRIS ALSTONMIKE SANKEYClass 5SHAUN ELWELLClass 6PETER SELDONROBERT MARGEL

I am not able to be at Goodwood on the 25th so have posted a link  to my video from last years Bognor Regis Sprint, for those of you who may be rusty on the route. I walked round last weekend - and I guess the most important thing to remember is that its not as flat as it looks.

I will be there at Easter and will let you know how I get on with noise testing - some off you know that I had noise issues last year (the exhaust did need repacking).*ears*

For those of you that know the venue - the Aero Club has been demolished and a new club house is under construction, so dont bank on it for lunch. They have re-built the loos though!

• 2 weeks later...

I said that I would let you know how I got on with noise testing at Goodwood over Easter. The new Raceco exhaust got through the static noise test at 95 (old exhaust used to test at up to 102), so was very pleased.

You should all be fine; Class 4,5 and 6 just need to be mindfull of the meters on the outside at Madgwick, Inside at start of Lavant Straight and as you come out the Chicane. All are sited where you change up, so just be careful during practise.

Lynn