Click here if you are having website access problems ×

new build question - driveshaft and rear hub, lambo and wiring

ears

hi all,

i'm currently building a super sports r and have a few question 

1) When trying to fit the rear calliper carriers there is about a 6mm gap between the carriers and the 'ears' I have tightened up the hub nut but still there is a gap (same on both sides). The diveshafts seem to be fitted correctly but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

2) I cant find where the Lambo sensor joins the wiring harness. any advise or picture would be welcome.

3) Wiring on the starter motor, I have a black lead attached to the terminal closest to the chassis which has a terminal ring and rubber boot on the other end. Any ideas where is meant to go. looking at it there are 2 brown leads in the car wiring harness attached to the chassis and the red power lead from the battery that is meant to attach to this terminal of the starter motor, am i correct ? should i disregard the current attached lead?

Thanks for your help

1) When trying to fit the rear calliper carriers there is about a 6mm gap between the carriers and the 'ears' I have tightened up the hub nut but still there is a gap (same on both sides). The diveshafts seem to be fitted correctly but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Does yours need spacers between the callipers and the ears? Component 2 in Figure 131 in the Assembly Guide.

Jonathan

3) Wiring on the starter motor, I have a black lead attached to the terminal closest to the chassis which has a terminal ring and rubber boot on the other end. Any ideas where is meant to go. looking at it there are 2 brown leads in the car wiring harness attached to the chassis and the red power lead from the battery that is meant to attach to this terminal of the starter motor, am i correct ? should i disregard the current attached lead?

Commonly used wiring colours.

That thick black lead is the earth lead that takes the high current from the starter. It needs to go to the chassis or the battery earth terminal.

Jonathan

for the starter/solenoid questions here's my notes from my 2012 Supersport build...

There are three terminals on the starter solenoid – two of which are free (the other has a strap connecting it to the starter – which you don’t attach any wires to)

To the smaller terminal  attach the red/brown wire (it’s actually covered in a black sleeve)

To the larger terminal attach

-        The red  heavy duty cable (which the connects to the battery)

-        The brown wire from the alternator

-        The thick black cable that comes from the back of the car (it’s part of the loom)

For the lambda sensor wire you're looking for should end in a green multiplug (it has has enough cable to take it close to the edgs of the chassis (I wound up the surplus wire and tie wrapped it to the rail at the bottom of the g/box tunnel where the foot well ends 

Andrew