Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

FIA Rollbar

Matt Shears

David, Keith & Jan

Thanks for your offers. I have to admit that there seems to be a number of alternatives so perhaps it is best to try them all before I decide which way to go!

David - It would be easy for me to get to your place and great to see your car my only concerns are:

- I managed to get to Caterham last week and tried a Tillet seat in a car with an FIA bar (seat not modified like yours), without a helmet I had okay clearance but with a helmet my head was around 2 -3 cms above the bar.

- Secondly if I get the clearance in your car and do the same in mine do you find the Tillet seat a lot less comfortable than the leather seats especially on longer journeys?

Keith it sounds like your foam seat has been a real winner. If possible I would like to try it out as at 6ft 3" I am also struggling to get the required clearance. Can you estimate how much height you have saved? I want to get the seat organised asap so I can order the correct FIA and make sure the car is ready for Silverstone in March.

Jan

As you can see I am still trying to sort this issue out, I have spoken to Oxted and they will supply the plastic seat bases for around £15. As soon as I know what I am doing I will let you know.

Cheers

Matt.