Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Older AP 4 Pot Calipers

Roody262

I thought I had a set of early AP 4 pots, but after doing some research with Dave K of DT I am not convinced. Did Caterham use more than two AP variants. 

Not sure this helps but mine which are definitely not the younger ones are model CP5100 and they use Ferodo FRP219 pad pattern, hope this helps and good luck

The number stamped on my calipers in CP 3344, do AP have a cross reference chart on their website or elsewhere? It seems theres a lot of confusion, maybe Caterham have used more different caliper models through the years than expected?

My understanding is that there are only 2 types of caliper. However there is more than one pad pattern that fits the earlier version.

over the past 5 years all my customers have received the patterns stated above with zero issue.

A number of them have comented that the replacement pattern did have a larger contact area = it is a larger pad than the other patterns that have been used.

To get to where i have i trawled the archives of old BC and spoke with AP cross refrenced and cross checked.

I doubt there is only one answer though.

My previous Cat was a 97 SLR and that had different calipers to what I have now. I've just gone back through my paperwork and that had CP2340 calipers. Blimey what a mind field!

Simon, occasionally on a hot day during a long race I have overheated my rear brakes, without going vented on the rear is there a pad that would help ?

Note currently use Ds2500

There are 3 iterations of the caterham AP calipers, if memory serves.

the first 2 use MDB1200 shape pads or those from other manufacturers for the CP2340 Caliper.

The latest version uses a different pad shape, the details of which are in a previous thread.