Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Petty strut for std FIA rollbar.

Rory McLeod

Have the car, have the isolator, have the FIA rollbar but guess what? No Petty strut. Does anyone out there have one of these lounging in a dark corner of the garage?

I am not sure if they are std items or are 'custom' for each car? If they are custom I will post the hole centre distances.

Chris, Chris, Chris, bearing in mind the rather dramatic footage of Mr Cambell at Windemere I will stick with my cycle wings and that engine weight keeping the car ON the road thanks - I get vertigo above 10,000 feet!

Yurs to the track days (next year) and possibly, if I am not too dumbass a driver on a circuit, a sprint or 2 - at sea level!

Do your wings flap about at high speed?

Iwent through this exercise a few months back.

There only about UKP35 from Caterham and need the centre joint needs to be drilled in the correct place for your car otherwise it won't fit!!.

So hardly worth buying used and finding it won't fit your car.

Steve.

Regards

Steve Newman

Rory.

I'm not asking you to take the car to Windemere(it'll sink, believe me), but I get your drift! No, I don't think the wings flap very much. thumbsup.gif I just find that those 'wheel covers' that keep going up and down + turning etc.become a bit mesmeric and I end up watching them in fascination instead of the important bit ie. the road thumbsdown.gif!!!!!!!

Ah ha, personally I find that when I get that time dilation as I go round some corners in 'oh sh*t' mode, it doesn't half help to know exactly where those round things at the bow are pointing! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif.

ps. Do you do track days or sprints? it would be most useful to have some guidance on 1.4K track driving - I'm not even sure what an open pit is... can you not buy sandwiches n coffee if its shut???

Edited by - Rory McLeod on 28 Nov 2000 19:50:59

Ah Rory.

We're back to the roll bar 'thing'! I don't have a FIA bar 'cos the diagonal strut fouls the head support & with my neck problem a head support is a must. I therefore won't be sprinting BUT fully support the stance that the club has taken re. the FIA style r/bars.thumbsup.gif

Give 'Arrowstar Racing' a call on 01869-250270. They should give a few pointers!