Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club championship - car too slow?

thompster

Evening all,

Just reading about the club sprint championship after the customary friday night bottle of red and thinking it sounds a hoot.  The trouble is I only have a humble 120bhp ex-academy car.  While I have no doubt that it'd be a fun few days out I'd be annoyed at coming last to a field of R500s. Is the championship split according to car/class or should I stick to non-competitve track days?

Now.. back to the wine.

Hi Thompster, 

The class structure is set to provide competitive competition between similar performance cars.

Don't worry about competing against an R500, you won't be.

Class 1 is designed for cars with your spec running on List 1A tyres.

You can't beat it.

Hi Thompster,

My Son Matt & I have been involved in the Seven Speed championship for the last 10 plus years starting in Class 1 , 2 , and now class three.

I see you are in Herts, we are at the bottom end (Bricket Wood), so if you would like some 'local' advice or help etc. we would be pleased to assist.

@ndrew

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I've found the class information now - should have searched before posting!  My car went onto Roadsport B so has CR500s and brake bias valve so I'll have a proper read and see what that means.  I also changed the cambelt last month which meant cutting the the belt cover seal so only the rocker cover engine seals are intact.  Again, I'll have a read through the regs - its definatley tempting.

Andrew - I'm close to M1 J5 so even more south than you. Thanks for the offer, I'll bear that in mind,

Cheers, James.

James,

CR500 are list 1B, some class 1&2 competitors have a seperate set of wheels to compete on with a set of List 1A tyres on, or just run with List 1A tyres on the road as well. List 1B tyres would automatically put you in Class 3.

Brake Bias Valve, not an issue as long as it can't be adjusted from the drivers position. (Blue Book 10.7.2. Brake balance adjusters must not be available for adjustment during running.)

Engine Seals - Not Required.

Regards

Chris.