Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma 150 TBs on a 140 Supersport

Grant_7

Hi All,

I love my little (Sigma 140) Supersport however I've always yearned for a bit more induction noise. I'm thinking of getting some of the throttle bodies that were fitted to the old Sigma 150s.

Any ideas as to whether this will work with the 140 ECU 'map? Any other points to consider? I'm not really worried about more power, just want that noise *ears* *driving*

Don't worry about the noise, there is no signifcant increase, but there is a nice sucking sound added.   I got on Bedford last year and had no noise problems.   I think the cams are basically the same, not sure if the 140 uses the blue injector, or the map sensor in the same way, but I would play safe and get Road and Race to sort that bit.   Power wise I think the 150 is a bit less than the 140. 

This is exactly why I went 150 last year (not the easy 140 route) with my 2011 car.   No regrets. 

Sigma 150 and 140 had different cooling setups.  150 came with the crappy plastic tanked radiator (which I assume by now have  all failed and been replaced with an all-ally one) and a modine oil cooler.  140 has the ally radiator but no oil coiler (AFAIK).   I wonder if adding the oil cooler would ne neccessary if you added the 150 TBs.  Maybe not, since the power increase is small but something to keep in mind.

Another difference is the 140 has a lightened flywheel but the 150 does not.  That begs the question has anyone fitted the 140 flywheel to a 150 and how different does it feel?

My 150 runs nicely so long as the TBs are balanced and the induction noise is lovely.

Thanks for the reply RedCat7 *thumbup*

I already have the modine oil cooler however I've decided not to get the TBs. All advice seems to suggest they're fiddly to set up and then need to be maintained as such. With a little one on the way, I need to take every opportunity to get out in the car this summer rather than be stuck in the garage fiddling with setups.

Grant,

Take all advice with a pinch of salt.  My TBs have been set up once in three years and it has run faultlessly since then.  I am having them checked at Premier Power shortly, but that's because my engine is there anyway.  You can do it yourself, easily and in little time.  I've certainly not been stuck in the garage so don't be put off.