Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FS: 7" black headlights (will split); Indicator repeaters suitable for mounting in headlights

AntonyH

Two 7" headlights, ostensibly black:

£50 for the pair + delivery.

Would undoubtedly benefit from renovation in the form of a shot blast and new powder coating.

Will sell separately and split to individual components if asked nicely.

Comprising:

1x bowl which is black, but this is clearly black powder coat over a chromed bowl (black is flaking off the mounting section at the bottom). Otherwise in good condition. I suspect but cannot prove that this is a reconditioned unit originally sold by SVC. Never fitted to my car but I bought it from another member so presumably has been used before. The black is glossier on this bowl than on the other items offered here:

6_Newer_bowl_inner.jpg.616f425fa2a776edd2048886a1142101.jpg

Also some chrome showing at the front edges.

7_Chrome_underneath.jpg.4fdeba9ba0cc4a7768b8b6c889158bfb.jpg

Definitely chrome underneath the black!

1x bowl which is genuinely black, as you can tell from the exposed brass in places. Has a 19mm hole in the right hand side due to prior fitment of indicator repeater, so is for the right hand side of the car only (repeaters also available, see below). Taken off my car which is 10 years old and I suspect this is the original unit. The rivets that hold the bowl to the mount are not fully closed up, so the light does wobble a little in motion. Fillets of epoxy putty have reduced but not eliminated said wobble. Has passed two MOTs in my custody in its current condition:

8_Older_bowl_inner.jpg.67b9eefc94950399a4e46f72d11534d9.jpg

Fillets of epoxy putty...

9_Older_bowl_outer.jpg.a1a482cd4cfc42fa3a2cce93fb80d7de.jpg

19mm hole for repeater.

Mounting bolts for the above both quite rusty, but operational. Mounting cups, star washers and 21mm nuts all present.

1x front cowling with a minor split from the fixing bolt hole back to the rear of the cowl. Hasn't got any worse in the last 2.5 years and doesn't affect operation. Very minor rust on the lower locating tab. Some of the black is chipping off the front near the lens:

1_cowl_crack.jpg.5b11d665fac0e730ea05821a4af5fdf6.jpg

1x front cowling, mostly OK, rusty on the lower locating tab:

2_cowl_tab_rust.jpg.ccca00ed99e238a76bd1a35816bcea6b.jpg

​2x Wipac (standard as you get from Caterham) reflector/lens units for H4 bulbs plus sidelights. All good, no stone chips or cracks. Including four wire clips for each to hold them in the cowlings and the clips to hold the bulbs in. I'll leave the currently-working H4 bulbs in the Wipac units but no guarantees they'll still be working after transit. No sidelight bulbs, sorry, they've gone in the spares box. Clearly of differing ages as one is chromed to the rear and one is plain cream plastic.

First cowl listed above is on the left, you can just about make out the flaking black at about 4-6 o'clock:

4_Wipacs_front.jpg.17c3cce66d5c1fcc2d3a17c1f2626732.jpg

3_Wipacs_rear.jpg.5e889b67465314732090ecd6081e10e3.jpg

Clearly different ages!

2x headlight wiring sublooms including H4 connector and sidelight mount but no econoseal pins at the "car" end (had to cut these off to remove the lights). Additional wire fed through for the in-bowl indicator repeater on each, but it's just a wire so easily removed if not needed.

5_Bowls.jpg.8cfacf9edc502acb9410f5286b7b1e17.jpg

Two indicator repeaters:

£10 for the pair + delivery.

Fit into a 19mm hole, standard W5W wedge fitting (like a standard sidelight bulb). Just long enough for a regular incandescent so although they'll work fine with an LED bulb, only LED bulbs that are no longer than an incandescent will fit. Clear lenses so you'll need a coloured bulb; I'll leave the currently-working orange bulbs in them with no guarantees they'll survive any postal delivery. Repeaters have 3mm spade connectors at the rear; also included is a pair of short cables with suitable connectors that will reach from the repeater to the common return bolt in a headlight bowl.

Ideal for fitting into your headlight bowls so as to be visible from the cockpit. Excellent condition - 2 years use in my car but look as good as new. Only selling due to change to LED repeaters in my new headlights.

10_19mm_repeaters.jpg.c884b7f4c7efe2e8d7123d7ac66af409.jpg

-=-=-=-=-

For all items, delivery charged at cost, or you can collect for free from Sheffield, or I will deliver free* if you're within a reasonable range from Sheffield, it's a nice day, I've nothing more pressing I need to do, and the route to you involves some nice roads (all by my definition!).

*Cup of tea and use of facilities may may required on arrival.

If interested, please post here, or PM me, or email syorks@lotus7club.com