Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trackday Roll Bar M10 bolts feel loose - wrong size?

thompster

I've bought a fixing pack to go with my 'X' style metric trackday rollbar but the shallow-headed M10 bolts that go up the 'legs' of the roll bar feel quite loose.They screw all the way in but the thread isn't exactly a snug fit and I'm worried they'll strip.

Here's what I bought:

http://caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=4425

Any idea if M10 is the correct size for these bolts and if it's normal for the thread to be 'generous'?

Thanks, James.

Ok, so it was me being an idiot.  With all this talk of thin-headed bolts going up above the shocks I'd picked the bolts with the thinnest heads in the pack and assumed they were the ones.  Having read the manual it looks like the metric chassis uses caphead allen bolts up into the roll bar bushes and those ones fit ok....

Hi Jonathan, just to follow up on PM....

...the manual is on the caterham site here and covers roll bars from page 205.  Page 206 says to pass bolt number 3 up into the location bushes, and in the fixing pack (30P010A) bolt number 3 is an M10 x 20 caphead.  That's the theory, anyway, but worth noting I've not actually tried it to see if it clears the shock....