Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T 12v supply for Bullet Camera

F355GTS

I'm using an RF Concepts bullet cam which is currently fed by a block of Ni-MH rechargeables totalling around 10.4v, batteries are rated at 1700 mAh.

The camera will run at anything between 8v and 15v and the manual suggests the operating current is 130 mAh input regulated.

Anybody know if I can run it straight off the cars 12v electrics? or do I need some sort of regulator to reduce the current?

Mark

Mark

A regulator will not reduce the current. It will take a higher voltage and stabilise it into a lower voltage. There are low drop our regulators about which will drop about 1v, but typical is around 3v. I've never looked at the supply with a scope, but with that battery on board, I would have thought you would be able to run straight off the car +12v.

Hopefully someone who has done this will be along to correect me.

Andrew

4 wheels on my 7 *smile*

From my calculations you should get about 12 hours.

I ran my bullet cam off a 12v gel cell - it was about 2.5 A hr I think.

However it did not like the charging cycle so I have now switched over to a battery box with AAs.

I am hoping to get it all up and running again around march.

See X777CAT here

thanks guys looks like it will work then, I'll give it a go

Ian

I've just bought the 'better' Sony CCd type and quality is very good, probably not quite as good as Video lens but plenty good enough. Exposure, white balance etc are automatic

Mark