Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Leak Free

mav

Mr Birdwistler A.O (Cambs) Sir now has a leak free Apollo system fitted to his car. All fitted in 5 hours (including lunch break and multiple tea breaks).

Checked, dry fitted and re checked 3 times to ensure clearance of Alt. Belt etc and removing a small chuck of ali from the block for the elbow joints at the sadwich plate.

Thanks to No Nuts and Windy Miller and Moomin for their help too, it is a confirmed, post 20 mile blat as leak free.

For those inteseted, Oil pressure is 0.5 bar down (by the Gauge) from Pre Apollo to Post Apollo.

Hoopy, we reckon we saved at leat 40 Caterham Kilos this afternoon, even after adding in the extra 4 litres of oil *tongue*

Regards,

Martin

I am a very happy chap *wink*

The only "awkward" bit was cutting a small amount of ali from the block (EU2 engine) to make room for the elbows from the sandwich plate.

As well as the above blatchat'ers I should thank Rach and Miss Mav for supplying bacon butties and tea on demand 😬

Don't be daunted by fitting an Apollo Tank. Take your time and invite your chums round *thumbup* 😬

Alex B 😬

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

i considered coming along but had to wait for the mobile phone to bring my new one. also i woek up at 4:30 after 4.5 hrs of sleep and have been up since. still waiting to collapse in a tired heap...

the lower oil pressure i think happens as the sender is the other side of oil fiter from before or something like that. ie they all do that sir and it ain't a problem.

so today i've read douglas adams and speeced more brake / corner upgrades *smile*

next upgrade is the SS cams I guess Alex 🤔 😬

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

If you find you have to remove a small part of the block (not sure if this is the same with EU3 engines) it is a good idea to remove the altenator to improve access. A junior hacksaw and a file did the job.

Also, use plenty of "tie-wraps" to keep the oil pipes out of the way of the altenator belt.

The main thing it to take your time and don't rush anything.

Cheers

Alex B

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black