Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator pods

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

Hi,

i'm after a cheap pair of 7" headlights and shells.  It doesn't matter if they are rusty as they are going for powdercoating but preferably not dented and cheap! - Now sorted for the headlights, thanks Christian.

Also after a pair of indicator pods too.

Thanks

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Nick, if you can't acquire any second hand and also need the flashers, do some man-maths as per here:

http://www.lotus7.club/blogs/front-lights-refresh

Basically, plastic pods plus flashers from Caterham cost more than carbon pods from Carbon Mods with Land Rover flashers from eBay...

"Free" carbon!!

*thumbup*

I'd offer you mine when they come off but I already know one of them is broken (hence the change) and I have some vague plan for using the other - if it survives removal - as a mold.

• Area Representative

Hi Antony,

Thanks for the heads up but managed to obtain a pair just last weekend.  Great blog and very useful for ordering some new indicators and repeaters I think *clap*

Cheers

Nick

When I finally get back in the garage I'll post a bit more...

I did at least get a moment to get the car out yesterday lunchtime for a bit of a blat - reverse down the drive, onto the road, three point turn, reverse back in to the garage so the front lights are now accessible for further work. That counts, right?

*biglaugh*

very useful for ordering some new indicators and repeaters I think

If you're getting the same LED repeaters I've just bought, note that there's a crucial wiring colour issue: In contrast to every other part of the loom, the *black* wire is the *positive*, with the white as the common (at least on the pair I have). And unlike some LED bulbs of much cleverness, these only work the "right" way around, so check twice before cutting the leads, if you're shortening one...