Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Supersport SV FOR SALE

Graham McCormack

Caterham 7 SV Supersport - £19,995

HIGHLIGHTS:

• 1.6 K Series (2004) outputting 145bhp (weigh bridge confirmed weight of 525kg and rolling road confirmed power meaning 276bhp/tonne)
  • Mileage 12k
  • Emerald K3 ECU
  • Rover throttle bodies
  • Powerspeed exhaust (fitted Jun-14)
  • 6 speed
  • SV chassis (new 2013)
  • Ducatti Monster Matt Black with orange stripes and decals (painted Jul-13)
  • Garaged and looked after with regular inspections and servicing

DETAILS

• MB Racing 13” magnesium alloys (extremely light)
  • Tyres Yokohama A48R – soft compound on front (185/60/R13) and medium compound on rear (205/60/R13)
  • Carbon wings front and rear
  • Carbon tillet seats
  • Carbon dash
  • Quick release harnesses
  • Quick release Momo steering wheel
  • Big brakes
  • Wide track suspension
  • Powervamp lightweight battery
  • Apollo tank (wet sump)

ADDITIONS/JOBS DONE SINCE OWNERSHIP

• Paint job by Tony at TSK
  • Stack dash fitted and calibrated
  • Black windscreen fitted
  • Remap done at Track n’Road
  • New tyres (fitted Jun-14)
  • Carbon indicator pods
  • Carbon door cill protectors
  • Clear light package
  • Fitted new 5 inch black head lamps
  • FIA roll bar fitted
  • Black gear knob fitted
  • Front brake calipers painted orange
  • Orange custom made silicone hoses fitted in engine bay
  • Running on Evans Powercool waterless coolant
  • Mesh grille fitted to nose
  • Custom leather inserts made for carbon tillet seats with orange stitching
  • New Caterham floor mats, stud fitted to driver footwell to prevent slipping
  • Soft Bits for Sevens half hood and rain cover
  • Caterham tunnel storage
  • Soft Bits for Sevens draft reducer and head rest storage bag
  • New oil sump and skid plate welded on to offer robust protection (following a crack incident with a kerb)
  • Heater fitted
  • New alternator
  • Oil pressure sender replaced to solve small leak
  • Driven by Derek Bell at Le Mans where he said “this car is an absolute hoot, this is why I started racing!” – see first and third photo below.

The car was bought in Jun-13 in the UK from a club member who built the car (and I can provide all the info on this).  I live in Guernsey and will bring the car back to the mainland to complete the sale.  If you have any questions please get in touch and we can talk on email.

Small1.JPG.43f5810b01f4ff65f150e4cfae684c08.JPGSmall2.JPG.0d5a7175e7ac09f98015fe2b687ddc1d.JPGSmall3.JPG.e0a732b5d065cf35905f554cadce36a6.JPG

• Area Representative

Graham

Would the buyer have to pay VAT. on the car if bringing it back to the mainland? I did think about bringing one back about ten years ago and that was the case at the time.

Kingsley. 

Thanks for the comments. NO VAT is due. The car was bought by me in the UK in the second hand market, VAT was paid on the very initial purchase. I bought the car privately from Fleet then brought across to Guernsey. The sale just reverses what I did. VAT would be payable if this was a car that was born and bred Guernsey, but that's not the case. Martin Bushaway the club chairman recently bought a Caterham off a friend of mine in Guernsey, exact same situation as my car with no VAT due as the car was also second hand UK and had suffered VAT before coming across to Guernsey.

Graham, I did have to pay the VAT as unfortunately if a car resides in Guernsey (or anywhere else outside the EU) for more than 3 years VAT is payable in order to reregister the car. Fortunately we were aware of this before purchase.

You should be ok however as the car was previously registered in the UK and has not been out for more than 3 years.

Best of luck with the sale, sounds a lovely spec.

Martin

Thanks Martin.  I have checked with HMRC and to confirm NO VAT will be payable on my car.  I find it crazy that VAT was charged again on the car you bought when this would have been suffered on the original purchase - the asset has been hit twice with VAT!  There should be an exemption for previously exported goods that have suffered and paid VAT and then returned to the UK.  This is the first time I have come across this.

Just to recap my car was first registered in 2004 and I bought the car in June 2013 and exported it to Guernsey in July 2013.  It can return to the UK without charge.  I will bring across to suit.  Thanks.