Click here if you are having website access problems ×

*FOUND* K-series Magneton starter adaptor/spacer plate and fixings

Smithy77

I have a Magneton starter on its way to replace the incompatible Brise high torque motor, but it doesn't come with the adaptor plate or fixing bolts. Does anyone have any spear they no longer need?

Alternatively, if the parts are readilly available new at a reasonable price from somewhere (i.e. not from CC), then please let me know.

Thanks

Pete,

Don't worry about the various bolts, stud, nut, washers etc. you can just keep the ones you've got from me, I've got plenty of spares *smile* That just leaves you the spacer ring itself to source.

When I gave you the bits, did I include a little spacer collar like this? If not, get one. It moves the nut back away from the area where the block rib is ground out and makes it much easier to fit and remove the starter as you can actually get a spanner onto the nut properly. Better still, I fitted one of these off eBay (get the M10 x 3/8" 9.5mm size). They are just a bit thicker and move the nut completely clear of the rib.

Andrew.

PS: You'll struggle to find a spear on here *blah* !

Andrew - That's very kind of you for the bolts, top man! Your starter is ready to go and will be in the post tomorrow *thumbup* No I don't think you did include the spacer, you're not missing one are you? I don't think I'll need one to be honest because I can just about get a ring spanner round it as it is, so may go without.

Mankee - Thanks for the link, much appreciated - fingers crossed it bears fruit!