Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For sale: Red/orange rear clusters (Sold: Clear rear light clusters / rear light blocks)

AntonyH

Still for sale: Red / orange rear clusters, RRP somewhere around £14 each, yours for £10 the pair + P&P at cost:

RedOrange1.jpg.806791b43931d1af6e528b8c433a2006.jpg

RedOrange2.jpg.f34b6a1b7227074ed86cdc801b577f06.jpg

Note the comedy melted spot in the one, where apparently an incandescent bulb sat too close to it for too long. Note also the cracks in the other red lens, these don't let any white light out so shouldn't be an MOT issue. They were on the car for its first eight years I believe. Cheap damage replacements or ideal for a trailer / trailerboard. Or indeed a caravan...

Other items below now sold. Prices left in for reference only.

Clear rear cluster lenses, RRP about £23 each, yours for £20 the pair + P&P at cost:

Clears1.jpg.bd8f803129f5631e17110d1c12a78f84.jpg

Clears2.jpg.aab9861cecf8d932170965bb4e8db5bf.jpg

Reasonably clean, small amounts of grot trapped in some spaces as you might imagine after a couple of years use.

Also, if you want them, a pair of LED stop/tails as sold by Caterham: http://caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=3740

...and a pair of silvered indicator bulbs like these: http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-P21W-Silver-Indicator-Bulbs-pair.html

Caterham want £14.40 each for those LED bulbs (!!); you can get brighter LEDs for less from AutoBulbsDirect, but if you take these clear clusters and add an extra fiver you can have the LED stop/tails and a pair of used chromed indicator bulbs. Note the latter are incandescents so no guarantees they'll still work after being posted, but they're working now and will be well padded. You're paying the fiver for the LEDs, the indicator bulbs are a free bonus.

"Free" for the cost of postage: The horrible rubber blocks and fittings plates that go with the above:

Blocks.jpg.5f71fed18039a8bf9738f3af149b81be.jpg

As per... Well used, came off a 10-year-old car and therefore with the rust spots and accumulated grime you'd expect, although if you want them I'll knock the mud out of them!

Silver reflective self-adhesive vinyl stuck to them as you can see, in a vain attempt to increase the light output by a candle power or two.

I had to cut the econoseal plugs off them to get a grommet off each cable as I needed the grommets, but I cut as close to the plugs as I could so the cables should be just about long enough to still reach, if you fitted new plugs. I'll include the plugs also so you can match up the core colours to the correct pin locations. If you really want I'll also include the old, rusting, screws that held these on to my car. They're not pretty either.

Weight approximately a ton, or at least over half a kilo per block, so postage will be a few quid for sure.

Honestly, if you're doing accident damage replacement or the like, find yourself some extra cash and have nice carbon ones instead (or fit completely different lights), these things are stunningly unpleasant.

Ideal for fitting to an old caravan or adding unnecessary weight at the rear to improve grip and reduce oversteer.

-+-+-+-+-

All of the above can be collected free from Sheffield or delivered free if you're no more than a reasonable distance away (negotiable), there's nice roads between you and me (by my definition of nice), and the sun's shining at a weekend when I'm not already booked for something.

Offered here as first dibs for members before going on eBay. Not that the blocks will make it on to eBay, I suspect.