Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Online stockist for Type 9 V6 gearbox gaskets/parts

CharlesElliott

Does it have to be "online"? After being supplied shyte baulk rings and gaskets from what I thought was a reliable gearbox parts supplier, I would not hesitate to recommend giving BGH a call. They have new gaskets made up to their spec and gave me a V6-type gearbox to bellhousing gasket when I went to visit them to have my box rebuilt properly. The last thing you want is a leaky gasket or duff gearbox after rebuilding and refitting it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, got mad, made myself skint.

7WOTW, I won't name names here (but may drop you a BM later), but what I will say is don't use aftermarket baulk rings, which was my downfall. If I'd known that BGH can supply good condition secondhand genuine Ford baulk rings for the same price as the naff ones I put in my box the first time round, I would have gone to them straight away. For the record, they have a stock of new genuine Ford rings at about £40 a pop. When they run out, a metallurgist is on standby to reproduce properly functional rings made from the right materials and tolerances.

This is what those shoddy rings did to my box oil the first time I tried to use them gently. Still wincing at the cost of the wasted Brands GP club trackday last year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h552sz89fncz1i/ShinyOil.jpg?dl=0

Gasket material is usually available at motor factor places, ok there are different types, but if you have one to copy, it wouldn't be difficult to get the same thickness, draw a pattern, and cut to size and shape, the material is generally cheap by the square foot, make loads of gaskets  for the future. 

Regards, Nigel.