Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cracked heater hose

wild bill

My Seven has a different engine, but the heater hose came in a long section and I had to cut it into several pieces. I would think your best bet is to measure how much you need and take a section to a local motor factors.

Duncan

Heater hose is standard hose. Caterham hose on my 2006 hose was shocking. Cracked and leaking in no time. Got SFS hoses in the silicone bulk buy. Can't find out the internal diameter from what I brought, someone here will know it. Alternatively take off and measure. If you want black then you can get black silicone. Personally wouldn't want rubber as you will end up replacing before silicone. No guarantee that a replacement rubber is good quality or been sat around for ages.

You could just get silicone 90-degree elbows .... you don't need the fancy shapes. Sure they must be 16mm bore like all the others. Consider using mikalor clamps rather than jubilee clips. Good prices on these from AFS in Essex. They also stocker a wide range of silicone hose and bends in various colours.