Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What's the current rating of the Heater Fan Switch?

danwhiley

I'm planning to put a 12v socket under the dash of my K-series roadsport and was thinking about using that handily spare heater switch to turn the power on or off.

Does anyone know what current the heater switch is rated to, and maybe even what all those different pins are for? *confused*

Cheers,

Dan.

I would recommend replacing the heater switch if you are changing the switch to a activate a 12v socket. I would speak to the manufactures of the switch (which has been posted) a few weeks back to get a plan switch single through. The heater switch has a two step position so would be more difficult to wire. Alternative is to replace the Heater switch with a Heated Screen switch, the remove the Heated Screen Symbol with Braso (mask the Black part of the switch or it will make it shine). A wiring connector can be found in the scrap yard from any old Mini (used the same switches).

Not sure of the switch rating, but I would expect the heated screen would have more draw than any device plugged into a 12V socket (apart from fag lighter) .

Hope this helps

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

my heated screen had a 15A fuse on it. i wired the cig lighter to the input to it from the fuse and upped the fuse to 20A.

i can use both with no problem. i spoke to a local mini mechanic and he said the switch was a 20A switch.

Steve

Metalic Black SV-VHPD *idea* click here to see our pictures....