Click here if you are having website access problems ×

OT Campervan/Leisure Battery Electrics

ben7

I am in the process of converting my ‘van’ into a camper van and I’m having a bit of a logic breakdown, so have a simple question (that I suspect is not).

I am installing a leisure battery which atm will be connected to the car battery via split charge as normal.  I will then be running several 12v circuits from the leisure battery to power various devices.

My car has a common ground for the car battery.  Can I ground to this from the leisure battery/circuits? 

My thoughts were to take the leisure battery –ve to a factory ground, then ground the new circuits to a factory ground as well.  In my brain, that completes the circuits, but wanted to check the logic and any impact on the car battery circuits?

*hehe*

Sorry.  One vehicle. It's a car/van/campervan/monstertruck, but it has one battery for starting it and generally making it go and a new leisure battery that I am fitting in the back.  The original battery has a common ground.  I'm asking whether the leisure battery (and the circuits off it) can also share this common ground, if the leisure battery is connected to it as well.  Or will everything short circuit and go up in flames.