Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Main Blatchat page "Recent Posts"

sjmmarsh

... Are not that recent and often 12 hours or more old. 

It it is not a major problem as the tabs above it give a much better interface HOWEVER a discussion I have been having on Pistonheads means that non-members get a very misleading impression of how active the forum is. If you come back a few hours after visiting the forum it will look like nobody has posted.

Is this the origin of some of the noise about why Blatchat is dying?

It doesn't put the new site in the best light to new visitors - a branding issue we should think about improving?

Steve

This one:

pageview.JPG

And I don't think it's affected by being logged in or not.

I understand that the performance would be even worse if this page had to be recalcualated on every page view, but surely it wouldn't be expensive to recalculate it evey five or ten minutes?  Or doesn't the software allow for any form of scheduling?

Thanks Roger

Yes, that is the view I was referring to. I agree that it is not much different whether you are logged in or not, although when I logged out I did notice that the latest posts were updated to more recent (but still a few hours out of date). 

Steve

• 6 months later...

This came up at recent meeting where a couple of members who hadn't been logged in commented that the new forum was very quiet with only a few posts a day!

That view is also often expressed on PH so if we are using the site as a 'shop window' to give an accurate impression of an active club and community forum, I think this should be addressed as a matter of importance.