Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trailer

Mark Gibson

I have just purchased a second hand Minno Shuttle without a wheel rack or jerry can holder and Brian James have informed me that they no longer stock these accesories for the Minno Shuttle.

I know its a long shot but does anyone know of any availble wheel racks/jerry can holders suitable for Minno Shuttle?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Before I had a trailer with a proper jerry can storage box I purchased two of http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20lt-Metal-Jerry-Gerry-Can-Holder-Frame-fuel-Carrier-petrol-diesel-20-lt-/360474745516?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item53edf81aac and simply bolted then to the trailer. Each holder can be secured with a padlock.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it a suitable soplution for you.

I'm sure if you have a proper search on t'internet you'll find then cheaper elsewhere

• Area Representative

Mark,

As I think you know, I have a Minno Shuttle, which has a wheel rack.

Unfortunately, the wheel rack is bespoke to the Shuttle. It's not quite as tall, and tapered towards the top.

My rack (which I believe to be original) was fitted the with a Jerry can holder with slots for two cans, but it would not accept my standard 20litre jerry can :-( , So I spent a little time with an angle grinder, and made a couple of other bits, to adapt it to suit just one 20litre jerry can. I've also added a couple a rack struts off the rack to strap my gazebo to.

If you need to get a rack made, I can photograph and sketch enough dimensions to have one fabricated.

Hi Mark

Have you asked BJ to make you one or for their advice on what to do now?

I understand that they don't make the trailer anymore and therefore have discontinued the spare parts (barring consumables) but it seems a little short sighted of them not to help you out with a tyre rack.  I can't believe they don't have the facility to knock you one up or at the very least (if they really can't be bothered) provide you with a drawing and send you in the right direction.

If I were them, I'd build you one, charge you a small premium (because it's discontinued sir) and then be looking forward to you coming back for your race transporter 5 in a couple of years time.  Anyway ...

I use the jerry can holders that Chris has posted the link to - they are bolted under the tyre rack.

Let us know how you get on.

Stuart

Thanks Roger.

I spoke to Brian James again today and they have confirmed that not only have they stopped selling the tyre rack for the Minno shuttle but they have also destroyed the drawings so can't even make one up for me *grumpy*

Luckily, Richard has provided me with exactly the information I need *byebye*