Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sprint ACB10s

robmar

Before you invest in the new tyres, I presume that you have checked that ACB10s will be allowed in your intended Class? Many sprints/hillclimb classes insist upon road tyres only. With ACB10, altho' road legal, you might find yourself in a class for 'racing tyred cars'.

Hope that I'm not seeming to teach you to suck eggs??

Andrew

Robmar,

I can't comment on sprinting but they definitely make a difference in circuit racing. There are however 3 compounds, the softest is for sprinting/hill-climbing, the middle grade which I use is for circuit work and the hardest grade (which I believe Westfield use as their race control tyre) which may not provide a worthwhile benefit to you.

The middle grade will generally last maybe 300 miles of circuit racing (the unladen tyres last maybe 600 miles), but if you talk to BMTR (Paul Smith) on 0121 3311122 you'll get more data. You can also look at the cooper-avon web site.

Rgrigsby - your missig the point, and it was that I needed them to get closer to your times, so if you get them there is little point *wink* If I do get some I will let you know what compound etc

Gary - will do , can you explain what unladen means 🤔

rob

I'm using the A24 ACB10's (sprint/hillclimb compound) here in Aus on my PRB.

Their great, I'd say well within 1/4 of a lap your up to temps (whereas my old AO32R's in S compound took a good lap to stop sliding around).

Would be interesting to compare them to the A32/33 compound (which I may end up having to purchase if I want a comparison).

They're good but very limited in their application - At curborough mine are overheating if I do two double lappers back to back. I use a set in a year (they go off well before they're worn out) - the repeated hot/cold cycle plus they do not like being overheated. Haven't tried them back to back with the medium compound but Gordon has.

Rob - you're eligable for class 3 aren't you? Grigsby vs Cardew. I can hardly wait. It'll be close!