Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Double throttle return spring

Delberts Wallet

Guess its that time of year when these types of questions start popping up as people are getting their cars sorted for the sprinting season.

The regs state that double throttle return spring is needed. Where would this go on a K series and where can I get one from.

Gareth

Blue and Carbon Supersport T561 LKJ

You don't need a double throttle return spring you need an external return spring per throttle spindle. Forget the ref in the blue book so I can't check it but it's similar words to this.

If you have twin webers like 99% of competition cars had when this rule was introduced then you need twin throttle return springs. For this reason people have got in in their heads that the rule is that you need twin return springs.

For a standard K on plenum then there is only one throttle spindle so you only need one return spring. If I recall correctly there is a spiral spring round one end of the spindle as standard so you're OK. If you're on the KV6 throttle bodies then there are two spindles I think so you'll need 2 springs, one on each. But check they're probably there already.