Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

adj rear anti roll bar on de dion?

strongy

I recently read about the rear anti roll bar on the de-dion chassis having 4 settings to play about with to adjust the cars handling. Is this typical of all de-dions or did it appear in a later model year? Mine is a 1989 1700 xflow, and if so where are the adjustments to be found and which setting equals what?

Cheers Strongy *confused*

not sure whenit appeared but they can be found above or below the diff with 4 mounting points for the links on each side. this gives 7 stiffnesses (they don't have to be the same).

alternatively freestyle do an infinitely adjustable rollbar with a rotatable blade arrangement. it costs more but takes seconds rather than minutes to adjust.

HOOPY 500 kg R706KGU

I don't think all De-Dion cars have one - certainly my old '89 xflow didn't. Having recently had a look under a R300 which does have one, it'll be pretty obvious whether you have it fitted or not. I don't think that there is a problem having it added to the car, but I you'll need the mouting points for it and I don't know whether they are standard on all chassis.

SteveP