Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD Perfect winter project - aircooled Yamaha RD 250

NedK

Hello all

Right. The garage needs emptying before the new Caterham arrives. So I have some motorbikes to sell. I will try here, before I go to eBay etc. UPDATE: NOW AVAILABLE ON EBAY http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-RD250-aircooled-ideal-winter-project-/181604563993?

FIrst up is a Yamaha RD250, dating from 1979 (V-reg). I bought it in 2003 as a running machine, albeit not road-legal (lack of electrics), and it was a fantastic little bike. I won't describe the RD250 in detail, as those of you who'd be interested will already know more than I do about them. The wheels/tank/etc are in yellow, though I don't think this is the original colour (though it is on the V5).

The bike is now in several large-ish parts, as I started to pull it apart with my kids a while ago. The engine still turns over (I have a video of me cranking it by hand). The expansion tanks have taken a bit of knock (I'm sure it's been proddie-raced) but make a tremendous noise. 

On eBay, finished versions go for £2000-5000. I'm open to offers on this. I will throw in the Haynes manual (such generosity)! Whoever buys will need to collect, probably in a van or with a trailer.

Anyone interested?

Thanks

Ned

EDIT - THANKS FOR THE TIP JONATHAN!

EDIT - Sold for £1100 (that's a lot of new spanners!)